8.18.2011

dying a slow death

dying a slow death
a very slow death
killing me inside
intoxicated by an overpowering fragrance
apprehensive to do much else than lust
infatuated with the very thought of a possibility
lurking in the shadows of your existence
waiting for the chance to catch a glimpse
my shoulder was brushed and my knees buckled
so inebriated when my eyes are fixed on you
blinded by the radiant glow beneath your skin
passion rises like a volcano from deep within
heart committed to complete the sweetest sin

even if much is required from whom much is given
panicking when i can't see you
distraught even on a good day because you aren't here
not knowing if you understand the severity of what i feel
praying that it's reciprocated
although my best instincts tell me i'm unnoticed
i persevere through droughts of affection and acknowledgement
lonliness and frustration asphyxiate me
craving to be in proximity to you
to breathe the same air you breathe
and see the same sunset you see
i'm dying a slow death
a very slow death...
...i'm dying to love you.

just give me a chance...

(c) ronetta cheryll

No comments:

Post a Comment