8.23.2011

archive: it's an ambush

this is one of my favorite entries written in sevilla, spain. i kept blogs a lot during my time there (august-december 2007) as a scholarship project.

**

okay, so i had the entire apartment to myself for the weekend. much needed and long overdue. anyway, the apartment is huge, so i was pretty content being in my room reading and doing homework and taking naps the entire weekend (notice how i didn't mention EATING? it's because i only did that 3 times this weekend. another story).


so friday, i had been at the computer lab scheduling my classes and shooting the breeze online with people. i came home and ate chips and read for a while. around midnight, my roommate gareth's alarm clock went off out of nowhere... so of course my crackhead imagination tells me "there's someone in the house and they're trying to lure me out of the room so they can ambush me and i know it." am i kidding? so i just figured i would wait it out until the alarm went off... 30 minutes later, the alarm is still going strong... so the imagination kicks in again: "someone is out there resetting the alarm so it keeps going off so i will come out of the room and they will attack me." i thought i was sooo great for thinking up this "surefire" explanation for what was happening. 10 mins later, i'd had enough of that freaking alarm, so i opened my door to the dark hallway, walked to the opposite end of the hallway to cut the light on, walked to one bedroom, cut the light on, [get this] SWIPED my hand in the closet to make sure someone wasn't hiding in there, then went to the next bedroom and did the same thing... THEN i turned the alarm off.

i think the food here has crack in it... because it CERTAINLY doesn't have seasoning.

and speaking of which, i wouldn't be able to experience the effects of the food because WE NEVER HAVE ANY. here's what i ate this weekend:

friday: crackers and water all day, and then a frozen pizza and chips for dinner.
saturday: frosted flakes, crackers, water, and chips.
sunday: chips. oh, and some soda.


even if you add all those things up, it's not even a day's worth of the required amount of food, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment