8.18.2011

abstract thinking

i came crashing down
back to where i started
i kissed you goodbye
and forgot where the car is
all that seems to be
is no more
and what once was
may become once more
turn me back to what i loved
what was once so pure and real
take me back to the days
when i could explain exactly how i feel

meaningless things have consumed me
spinning me around and around
causing priorities to shift and
relinquish positions of authority to
things that don't matter
it's bad enough i can't think straight
i've lost conscientiousness
i said goodbye

sing me to sleep and
bring me to life
continue to create things that
annihilate strife
balance my equilibrium
look into my eyes
and analyze my soul
see the creation within
and the creator without

blind me with passion for the
highest paying patron
a love so cold could warm even me
fall into my arms and help me be
simple
where am i

influence forms my thoughts
thinking about what's behind my eyes
the sun is blinding my arms and
these shackles are binding my sight
taking over my entire body
the sensitivity of my heart is leaving
me destitute and lonely

let me say what i need to say
let me be who i need to be
let me stay where i need to stay
let me see when i need to see

(c) ronetta cheryll

No comments:

Post a Comment