8.23.2011

archive: ashy in class

i wrote this entry in sevilla, spain; during my first week of studying abroad in the fall of 2007. it's one of my favorites. enjoy.
**


another hilarious day.

this morning, i called myself being "prepared" for a long day, so i put on my tan gauchos, a pink tank, and a darker pink 3/4 sleeved shirt, with these metallic brown (like bronze) flats. and i wore a denim jacket just because it's been chilly lately. sounds like a winner, right? well, before i put on my shoes, i sprinkled powder in them so that when/if my feet were to sweat, they wouldn't slide around and be gross in my shoes. the powder was in, and so were my feet, and i was good to go. so i leave the apartment and walk to class. class starts at 9:15 with conversations with other classmates. that went well... i spoke a lot of spanish for a while, and it made sense! lol... back on topic. i sit down and the teacher begins to teach about the verbs gustar (to like), encantar (to love), doler (to physically hurt), and another verb but i can't think of it. everyone's paying attention and learning... and then i get an itch on my leg, so i look down to scratch, and what do i see? MY FEET, ANKLES AND CALVES WERE COMPLETELY COVERED IN POWDER! yes, the powder from my shoes. apparently, i put wayyy too much powder so that when i walked (more like stomped) to school, all the powder seeped from beneath my feet to on top. i probably had clouds around my feet the whole way to school. i looked so crazy. instead of just leaving it like that, afraid that other people would notice, i went to work trying to rub the powder off my feet. it worked a little, but it just made me look really ashy instead of... well, extremely ashy. i had no lotion and i saw that there was no type of lubrication around me (lol) so i dig in my good bookbag and pull out the carmex. i put a healthy portion on my fingers and started massaging my ankles then rubbing the top of my feet. all of this while sitting in the front of the class. even my heels and the backs of my ankles were ashy. pure WHITE. so after class, i make a bee-line for the bathroom and start rubbing my feet again, this time with toilet paper. i didn't get a chance to go home AT ALL, so i pretty much stayed ashy all day, praying that no more powder would seep out of my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment