11.22.2011

18. get a physical (ugh...)

yesterday was the longest day in the history of days in life.

i went through the most extensive testing ever by getting a physical/well woman exam plus allergy testing.

for those of you who have gone through allergy testing, i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me know what to expect. you're so awesome, i can't even put it into words.

i hope you felt the sarcastic sucker punch right upside your head.

i was totally not expecting to be pricked about 60 times to test me to see what could possibly kill me. it was terrible.

the only good thing that came from it is now knowing that i have oral allergy syndrome and i have a few options for treatment:

1- continue to avidly avoid the foods/trees i'm allergic to, keeping an epi pen handy.
2- undergo allergy shots 2x/week for 3 months, then once every week for 3 months, once every 3 weeks for 3 months, once every 3 months until i can stop. so forever.
3- take seasonal allergy meds and avoid the foods/trees i'm allergic to, keeping an epi pen handy still.

i'm up in the air about the shots. i don't have any aversion to needles or anything, i just don't know how great of a mood i would be in, having to go to work after that twice a week. i don't think it'd be fair to my coworkers. and seeing that i would have to sit at the office for about 30 mins afterwards for monitoring (you know, just in case i die or something), if i have a bad reaction to the immunizations, it's the epi pen and the emergency room for me, which could cause some issues with my employment--not a good look, when the insurance is paid by my employer. so technically i would need to still be employed to get these shots.

*sigh* so many options. i already have the epi pen prescription, and since the fall is a down season for me with allergies, i can wait until the weather breaks to get it.

since i found out i don't just "sneeze" when it comes to dust and mold, i might want to get that sooner, since my job is full of both dust and mold (smh).

in regards to an earlier post about girly parts, the doctor who did the physical decided to put me back on birth control to help with the pcos. i'm also taking freaking prilosec to help with the burning sensation in my stomach, but if that doesn't work again, it's back to the lab to get another ultrasound; this time on the upper right quadrant of my stomach. where the gull bladder is.

to aid in preventing ovarian cancer/cysts/endemetriosis, i got the first string of the HPV vaccine. the shot felt like the tetanus shot, which feels like crap. the nurse had to pinch my skin and then shove the needle in my arm, but the worst part was feeling the vaccine leave the needle and enter my body. it hurt so bad. it felt like kryptonite.

because yes, i know what that feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment